1. Finish preparing garden beds. The kids and I made lots of progress today. 4 out of 5 beds are finished and they have chosen what they want to plant.
2. Finish weeding the parkway in the front yard. Most of the yard is finished, but I have to keep up with the maintenance or it gets out of hand.
3. Take 6 kids to the dentist.
4. Sew a skirt. I've had the fabric sitting around for a couple of months. I guess I should sew already.
5. Buy plant for the front yard. It's really looking nice. I need to get some annuals to put in for more color.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
One of the things we've done to decrease our food budget is to make homemade bread instead of buying it at the store. It is significantly cheaper and significantly more nutritious since I make it with freshly ground wheat and usually some other grains. And, the kids love it! Actually, that's the problem :) They eat bread for breakfast, lunch, with dinner and for snacks. Last Friday I made 8 loaves of rosemary bread. The loaves were smaller than usual, but still, there were 8 of them. By Saturday, they were gone. Sunday, I made 6 dozen rolls. By Monday, they were gone. (Of course, we had 12 people in the house all weekend, but still!) Monday, I made 4 loaves of bread. By Tuesday, they were gone. Guess what I'm doing today :)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
A friend of mine put her goals for the week on her blog, so I thought I’d follow suit.
1. 1. Put away snow clothes from our snow vacation. They’re all washed. Now they need to be sorted into their containers and put back up into the attic.
2. 2. Weed front yard. I got way behind on weeding during the chilly and rainy winter months. But I am finally getting caught up. My mom helped me for hours yesterday, so that was good. Today I finished that area. I have some more to do, but the yard is looking great!
3. 3. Prep garden beds. I won’t complete those this week, but it’s time to start getting the beds ready for planting. I have to add some layers of soil, manure, etc. And, I have to replace drip hoses that have leaks.
4. 4. Prep for home fellowship. We will be having a home fellowship again this week and I have to get the house ready. I also have to prepare food for the potluck.
5. 5. Put out spring decorations. I’m done with winter. It’s time to put out the lamb decorations to remind us of Passover.