Sunday, January 2, 2011

Time for More Weight Loss

So, I’m off to a good start.  Yesterday was a total day off because Sabbath always is.  But, starting today I’m transitioning back into strictly healthy eating. I had my green drink – with oranges from my tree and chard from my garden (thanks, Mom – those chard plants are the best ever!)  and I did a 1 hour elliptical workout.   Yay!  Tomorrow I start a 3 day juice cleanse.   Jim is going to do it with me, too. 

Then after that it’s a strict Eat to Live diet for a while.  I lost 40 pounds last year and kept them off.  This year I’d like to lose 50 and keep them off.  I’m thinking if I lose 50, I might be at a good place.  But, we’ll see how I feel when I get there.  

I know when I did this last year I felt really good.  Not just the weight loss, but health in general.  It’s amazing to me how hard it is to eat healthy when there is junk around.  Even though I know I’ll feel better if I don’t eat it, I eat it anyway.  So, I’ll try to document this time how I’m feeling when I’m eating better. 

The nice thing is that doing ETL last year really changed my eating habits.  When I’m not eating strict ETL, I still eat totally different than I did in 2009.  Lots and lots of veggies, plus fruits, grains, nuts and seeds.  When I’ve gone a couple of days without many veggies (due to busy-ness or junk food availability) I start to really crave some seriously healthy food.   So, I’m back at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment