Thursday, March 22, 2012

Passover Preparations Begin

Today, I finally got around to removing all the leavened products from the pantry.  I put them in a crate so we see them and make sure to eat them before Passover.  Of course, the crate is pathetically sparse this year.



The last couple years, due to budget cuts and wanting to improve our health, we have bought very little prepared food.  So, all we have is some crackers (which can easily be eaten in no time in this house), some baking soda/powder and three candy bars from Daddy’s candy stash.  The candy bars were consumed by the kids before I even sat down to write this blog post J

I also have a list of foods that are in the refrigerator and freezer.  That way I don’t forget about it and we can make sure to eat that food, too.  If we don’t get around to using it, I can remember to throw it away and not find it in the back of the freezer halfway through the Days of Unleavened Bread. But, even that list only has about 5 things on it. 

Tonight is new moon.  So, only 2 more weeks until Passover!! So, it’s also time to start thinking about the 10 plague adventure J

No comments:

Post a Comment