Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Back to Normal


Well, the boxes are still driving me crazy, but not as bad. I actually got all of the boxes out of the school area last week. We enjoyed a fire in the fireplace for the first time. I even bought marshmallows so the kids could roast them. A special Sabbath treat is always nice. Most of the boxes are gone now. We have some more big pictures to hang. Then the rest is stuff I'm not quite sure what to do with or stuff that just needs to wait. Oh yeah, except for my bedroom. That still needs unpacking.


But either way, I'm getting unpacked enough that I feel like I can enjoy normal life again. Rebekah and I have been sewing and embroidering lately. She is working on a skirt. And we have been embroidering gifts for others. Next I'm going to start working on a blanket for Hannah, Lucas and Elijah.


Today it's cold and rainy. A good day to relax. It's also Jim's birthday, so he is home. We're sipping hot coffee and later we'll play some board games (after the kids get their chores done).


The kids couldn't resist playing outside when the rain was pouring down. Even Arianah wanted to go outside so we finally let her. She had a great time playing in the puddles with the other kids.






2 comments:

  1. Is California really that warm!!!???

    I just spent the last two hours holding the baby while trying to keep track of five other kids at the big sledding hill here in town. It was crazy, especially when it got dark. And cold. Really, really cold. I think it's 10 degrees right now!

    I'm enjoying your blog, Missi, keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your fireplace. I like your kids. I like your pictures. I will like following your blog.
    Miss Lil

    PS Oh, and maybe I like you too.
    If I come over can we roast marshmallow in that fireplace that I like?????

    ReplyDelete