Friday, November 11, 2011

Seasons of Life

I’m entering a new season in life.  I took a shower by myself today with no interruptions.  Well, actually, that’s not true.  I had one kid come in and ask me a question while I was showering.  That’s pretty impressive, actually.  I’m used to answering several questions and refereeing several fights while I’m in the shower.  It’s just part of being a mom.  But, the interruptions are becoming fewer and farther between.  Apparently, it goes along with the kids growing up. 

My oldest is out of the house. My youngest is 3 and rather independent.  And, for the first time in 21 years, I have a 3 year old and no baby. So, I was thinking about the things I can do now that the kids are growing up.  I can get an hour-long workout in the garage without complete chaos breaking loose in the house.  I can run to the store by myself without someone crying at the door, “Mommy, don’t go!”  I can get an evening of quiet time at The Coffee Bean.  I can go out to lunch with my husband or a friend with no phone calls.  I can even stay upstairs when I wake up in the morning and start my day with prayer and Bible study. I’m learning to enjoy the simple pleasures of my season.

No comments:

Post a Comment