Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be Careful Where You Get Your Advice

I was doing Elijah's reading lesson with him the other day.  He mentioned that he had gum in his hair and showed me the gum behind his ear.



I told him we would get it out in a little bit and I continued with our lesson. But, as he was reading, my mind started mulling over the large clump of gum he had behind his ear. And, I asked him, "were you storing your gum behind your ear like Violet Beauregarde?"  Sure enough, that was his plan.  As Violet says, in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, "Well, I'm a gum chewer, normally. But when I heard about these ticket things of Wonka's, I laid off the gum and switched to candy bars, instead. Now, of course, I'm right back on gum. I chew it all day, except at mealtimes when I stick it behind my ear."



It wasn't a very good plan.  And, he didn't enjoy the process of me getting the gum out of his hair.  But, I sure found the whole thing entertaining. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment