Monday, May 4, 2009

New Oven!

I am so excited!  I have a new oven.  Well, it's actually used - off craigslist.  But it's new to me and it actually works.  And that's what matters.  

I think the oven that was in our kitchen when we moved in was original to the house.  (The house was built in 1964.)  It was so tiny that my cookie sheet had to hang on the oven rack guides instead of actually sitting on the rack.  It didn't heat well at all.  The knobs were so worn out I couldn't read the markings.  One day it took 3.5 hours to cook a chicken.  Another day it would burn my bread, even while I used an oven thermometer.  The bottom oven wouldn't heat past 250 degrees.  Another problem was that our cupboard space to install a new oven is very limited.  Many ovens are just too big for the space. 



But hubby has taken care of that.  He cut the cupboard space as large as it will go and put the oven in for me.  I am so thrilled that I had to share - even though the cupboard area isn't fixed up yet.  



I turned it on immediately.  It heated up quickly and to the right temperature according to the oven thermometer.  It sure will make baking more pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing! For a while there we were working with an oven that had only one burner working, not to mention pretty unpredictable. It was such a relief when we got one that actually worked!

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete