Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thoughts on Legalism


I've been thinking lately about keeping God's laws and how often that results in getting labeled a "legalist". I don't really understand why a believer in God and His ways would be antagonistic towards me if I choose to follow the ways that our Creator has spelled out in His Word.

I am often labeled a legalist. It's just that since I believe God loves me, He created me and He knows what's best for me, I'm not looking for an excuse to not obey Him. I strive to obey Him in ALL things, to the best of my ability. The more I learn, the more I try to do what He says. I strive to be Torah observant (Gasp! That term is sure to have some pointing fingers and labeling me a legalist), but I'm not sure I do a very good job.

My obedience doesn't earn me salvation, but it certainly brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment