Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bread, Bread, Bread!

One of the things we've done to decrease our food budget is to make homemade bread instead of buying it at the store.  It is significantly cheaper and significantly more nutritious since I make it with freshly ground wheat and usually some other grains.  And, the kids love it! Actually, that's the problem :)  They eat bread for breakfast, lunch, with dinner and for snacks.  Last Friday I made 8 loaves of rosemary bread.  The loaves were smaller than usual, but still, there were 8 of them. By Saturday, they were gone.  Sunday, I made 6 dozen rolls.  By Monday, they were gone. (Of course, we had 12 people in the house all weekend, but still!) Monday, I made 4 loaves of bread. By Tuesday, they were gone.  Guess what I'm doing today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment