Friday, March 6, 2009

Watch the Door

OK, so I was walking through the great room and I saw that the front door was open.  It has been hard to close securely lately, so I head down the entry hall to see if any little are outside.  Just as I’m walking out the front door, I hear a horn honking and I see Arianah running up the driveway crying and a car that had slowed down, resumes normal speed and drives down the street.  I don't know exactly what happened, except that the car slowed down and honked at Arianah, who, for all I know was in the middle of the street!

Elijah was standing by the Yukon in the driveway. I asked him why they were out there and he tells me she wanted to go outside so he took her.  Aaaaarggghhh!  So I drag him and Arianah inside and give him a short, but frustrated lecture.  Then I spent some time thanking Abba for, once again, protecting one of my little ones.

 A little later I sat down with him and repeated how dangerous it was for him to take Arianah outside and he can’t do that anymore or he’ll be in trouble, etc.  I said, “Arianah could have been hurt really bad and gone to the hospital or she could have died.”  And he says to me, very seriously, “If Ariaranah dies, we can have a little brother.” So, now I have to keep a straight face and solemnly tell him that we would still miss Arianah very much even if we had a little brother for him.  

You just never know what ‘s going to come out of that kids mouth.  And he sure is mentioning a little brother a lot.

And now it's time for higher security measures on the front door.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Missi! I am so glad she's ok, that's a mother's worse nightmare.

    ReplyDelete