Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's All About Me

Have you ever had one of those days where you realize "it's all about me"? Seriously, I have been struggling for weeks with some things - being hurt by another person. For a while, I've spent my time knowing that since I've told that person how these things bother me or how they hurt me, that certainly that person should just change and all will be right with the world. Well, amazingly enough, that tactic wasn't working. That person hasn't changed. That's when I realized ...

It's all about me! It's not about that person. It's not about how that person can change. It's about how I change my response to said offenses. I can choose to be bothered by them over and over, but that doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. So, instead I choose to ask God for help in responding in love. That works so much better.

Unfortunately, that ain't easy. I hate when it's all about me.

1 comment:

  1. I too hate when it's all about me and I know I need to get rid of "me" :-z and "love my neighbor as myself FOR"

    ReplyDelete