Thursday, June 4, 2009

The To-Do List

I have a hard time balancing life with my to-do list. It seems the list always takes priority, even if I would like relationships to take priority. People are far more important than the list. But, I don't always behave as if that's the case. I feel like I always have to have everything done before we "go play". However, if playing is on the list (like homeschool park day), then it's easier for me to fit it in. Granted, part of this has to do with expectations made of me by others, but when it all comes down to it, I'm the one that decides what we will do in a given day. Sometimes I just wish I did a better job at prioritizing. People, things, people, things. It's not a tough decision.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this as well. And I only have 2 kids! The thing that I struggle with the most is that of course people come first, but God calls us to take care of the home and family He gave us... so how to do both parts of the mommy job? I guess it is just a daily, moment to moment decision? (I've had this up to comment on since you wrote it, oops!)

    ReplyDelete