Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Thorn in the Flesh

I have this physical weakness that, thankfully, only shows up once every couple of years or so, because it sure is miserable! It usually starts with a cold or something minor and then settles in my glands under my tongue. They swell up HUGE and get very sore and they take days to go down. It hurts to swallow and sometimes it just hurts. It usually hurts to talk and people can't usually understand me anyway. I have taken Advil several times in the last few days, which is so unlike me.

It's not just swollen glands. The whole thing just knocks me completely on my butt. I have been laying on the couch for the last two days - doing the absolute minimum. I just sleep all day. My body must be working hard to fight off whatever infection has settled here. I even sleep on the couch (thankfully it's a recliner) because it's very uncomfortable to sleep flat in bed.

And, of course, with me out of the picture, the house starts to fall apart. So, I get to listen to all the complaints of what's not done quite right. I'm pretty sure I don't need that while I'm lying here feeling miserable, but I get it nonetheless.

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll feel like I'm on the upswing. Right now I'm not feeling too bad, but I don't know if that's because I'm starting to get better, I did a lymphatic massage, or I took Advil. We'll see in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, Missi! I am praying for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! it is hard to listen to complaints that things aren't getting done. I will pray for understanding for who is saying that. And that they will supernaturally pitch in and help!
    hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete